It’s July, the summer is halfway over, it’s hot outside (and even hotter inside most warehouses). We get it, now is the time that the Summer Slump starts to kick in. Luckily for you, we have come up with a way to help you beat the heat: SkuVault’s Summer Slump Picklist Playlist. This eclectic mix of oldies, newbies, and summer songs will give you all the motivation you need to get through your workday. Click below to listen to the entire list, or if you want to know more about our song selections keep reading!
1. Upbeat Melodies: Clock in for your shift, hit play, and get the day started on the right foot with some upbeat melodies like, “Lovely Day” by Bill Withers.
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- Doo Wop (That Thing) – Ms. Lauryn Hill
- Cheerleader – OMI
- Shiny Happy People – R.E.M.
- Tiny Dancer – Elton John
2. Get Moving Beats: If that positivity doesn’t get you moving, then the beat of Max Frost’s “Good Morning” will surely put some pep in your step.
- Good Morning – Max Frost
- Low Rider – War
- Saxobeat – Alexandra Stan Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- Bang Bang – Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- Jumpin’, Jumpin’ – Destiny’s Child
3. Work Hits: Since one third of your life is spent at work, it’s no wonder there are so many songs about the subject. Some of our favorite work tunes, including “Work” from Rihanna, made our playlist.
- Work – Rihanna, Drake
- Money (That’s What I Want) – Barrett Strong
- Mr. Big Stuff – Jean Knight
- Work From Home – Fifth Harmony, Ty Dolla $ign
- Closing Time – Semisonic
4. Classic Sing Alongs: Unplug your headphones and share some of our sing along songs like “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond, with your co-workers! Nothing builds team spirit like singing offkey with your work fam!
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Everybody Have Fun Tonight – Wang Chung
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
- Escape (The Pina Colada Song) – Rupert Holmes
5. Movie Songs: Our selection of soundtrack songs will make you feel like you are a moviestar. Okay, maybe not, but they will at least get your mind off work a bit. Listening to “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins will have you daydreaming of dancing around a warehouse like Kevin Bacon (or Andy from ‘The Office‘).
- Footloose – Kenny Loggins
- Tiny Dancer – Elton John
- Stuck In The Middle With You – Stealers Wheel
- Jump In The Line – Harry Belafonte
6. Recent Summer Hits: We do take it back to this decade with some of our recent hits, including “Dinero” from J.Lo and Cardi B. There are also some Summer themed tunes as well. You’ll seem hip to those millenials on your team (probably).
- Dinero – Jennifer Lopez, Cardi B
- Summer – Calvin Harris
- Summertime Sadness – Lana Del Rey, Cedric Gervais
- Cool For The Summer – Demi Lovato
- Summer Cool – Stephen Carey
7. Summer Oldies: Even if you weren’t around during the “Summer of ’69”, Bryan Adams made it sound like a great time. Our Summer Oldies jams bring a feeling of nostalgia of a simpler time.
- Summer Of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- In The Summertime – Mungo Jerry
- Walking On Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
- The Heat Is On – Glenn Frey
- Wipeout – The Sufaris
8. Country Summer: The Country music genre really knows how to connect with a slower way of life talking about the good things in life like fried chicken, parking lot parties, and spending time on some beach, somewhere! Get in a vacation state of mind, even at the office.
- Chicken Fried – Zac Brown Band
- Redneck Yacht Club – Craig Morgan
- Parking Lot Party – Lee Brice
- Somewhere On A Beach – Dierks Bentley
- Some Beach – Blake Shelton
9. Summer Days: We also put some non-country summer songs as well. Continue the vacation vibes with our Summer Days tracks, like Madonna’s “Holiday”.
- Holiday – Madonna
- Steal My Sunshine – LEN
- Summertime – DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- Summer Girls – LFO
- Blister In The Sun – Violent Femmes
10. Toe Tappers: It isn’t always easy to break out into a full dance number when you sit at a desk or a standing work station. These songs will at least let you tap your toes while you work.
- 9 To 5 – Dolly Parton
- Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- Sweet Emotion – Aerosmith
- My Generation – The Who
Whatever role you play at work: picking in a warehouse, crunching numbers in an office, or anything in between, this should help you through the rest of the summer. So go ahead, download your picklist or replenishment report, then plug in your headphones or crank up your speakers. This four-hour playlist will get you from morning coffee all the way to lunchtime.