Peak season is already here and it’s unlike any other the retail industry has seen before. In this SkuVault-hosted conversation, Kim Wren, Director of Business Development at SkuVault speaks with Lori Appleman, co-founder of Redline Minds and Ecommerce Consultant, about what merchants can expect to face this peak season and how they can still win big despite supply chain challenges.
Enjoy this fourth episode in our Peak Season Expert Speaker Series and stay tuned for more! You can view previous episodes here.
- What do you foresee for timing and volume of Peak Season sales? How can business owners hedge against this uncertainty?
- With labor shortages and social distancing constant threats, what should ecommerce sellers be doing now to head off picking and shipping problems to ensure on-time delivery?
- How will possible supply chain and last mile issues affect sellers, and what should they be doing now to mitigate them?
- To improve labor shortages, business owners need to be strict about following health guidelines. Treat every employee well.
- Know what your best sellers are and stock up on them – take the risk.
- Take advantage of the ‘fear of missing out’ through marketing.
- If you can, focus on slightly lower price points because money is tight for most.