Peak season is already here and it’s unlike any other the retail industry has seen before. In this SkuVault-hosted conversation, Kim Wren, Director of Business Development at SkuVault speaks with John Lawson, CEO of ColderICE Media about what merchants can expect to face this peak season and how they can still win big despite supply chain challenges.
Enjoy this first episode in our Peak Season Expert Speaker Series and stay tuned for more!
- What do you foresee for timing and volume of Peak Season sales? How can business owners hedge against this uncertainty?
- With labor shortages and social distancing constant threats, what should ecommerce sellers be doing now to head off picking and shipping problems to ensure on-time delivery?
- How will possible supply chain and last mile issues affect sellers, and what should they be doing now to mitigate them?
- Brick-and-mortar stores will eliminate traditional aspects of Black Friday, like doorbusters, and shift their focus online.
- Plan for peak season NOW. Know what your numbers are and start thinking about your capacity. Don’t overdo it.
- Just-in-Time (JIT) inventory won’t save you this year. If you order goods from China, do it now.
- Watch what happens on Amazon Prime Day as an indicator on how much people are going to spend this holiday shopping season.
There’s still time to Get your inventory operations streamlined before the brunt of peak season. Schedule a demo to get started.